As an ISP (Internet Service Provider), OSCATEL through the business collaboration arrangement with the strategic partners, enables the company to provide the wide array of services and applications.
OSCATEL’s Last Mile Wireless Broadband Solutions & Services
Apart from the provisioning of fixed services & telco solutions, OSCATEL will also concertrate on delivering the bandwidth / Internet access to the customers through the last-mile wireless access technology i.e. WIFI point-to-point & point-to-multi point. OSCATEL believes that it is well positioned to capitalise on the unsatisfied demand for higher bandwidth services in Sabah due to the following key reasons:
- TDMA MIMO Wireless broadband technology offers a faster roll-out of a statewide wireless platform.
- TDMA MIMO Wireless broadband technology also gives the advantage of broad coverage, mobility, and relatively low capital expenditure and usage tariffs.
- The advantages of Ubiquiti Networks airMAX TDMA MIMO technology:
- 300 + subscribers per sectored base station.
- 150Mbps + Point to Multipoint speeds.
- Low Stable latency responses for VoIP and Video applications as network scales.
- Utilisation of latest wireless broadband technology that utilise the 5.8GHz and 2.4GHz bands respectively, allows OSCATEL to offer targeted services to different customer groups in a highly cost efficient manner.
- OSCATEL has the ability to bundle data and voice service (VoIP), and other value added services, on one integrated platform.
- Wireless networks can be quickly deployed or redeployed to cost efficiently and quickly reach customer catchment areas, thereby providing a competitive advantage when compared to fixed line competitors.
- Assistance of selected technology providers, as system integrators, to select appropriate technologies, negotiate equipment supply agreements, train OSCATEL’s technical staff, and to ensure network quality.
- Higher levels of customer service due to a new technology platform that allows OSCATEL to provide guaranteed levels of service to premium customers.
- OSCATEL’s current pricing structure is highly competitive.
- Strong technology provider and backup from established equipment vendors like Ligo-Wave, Delibrant, Ubiquity, Engenius, providing proven technology.
- Creation of an independent, financially viable bumiputra telecommunications company.
- Experienced management team.
- Development of local expertise in wireless technologies and products and services.
- Moves the country towards the Government’s objectives of a ICT based k-economy.